Seven Style Savvy Tips
Your to do list is at maximum capacity and the holiday parties keep on coming. Spending hours primping for a party is not an option. Of course you want to look wonderful and get noticed during the most wonderful time of the year. But before you are tempted to pull out the ugly Christmas sweater and start weaving bright lights through it, remember that there are classier ways to get noticed. Wearing clothing, make-up and accessories that are light in color or reflect the evening light adds interest and life to your party-wear. Transition from drab shopping mode to fab party mode with these style savvy tips.
- Try wearing a color palette with winter white or ivory and camel with gold accessories. Monochromatic? Yes. Boring? No. Vary the textures with velvet, fur, leather, and metal to create interest and classic harmony.
- Looking for a way to breath new life in your basic black? Pair them with soft pink, charcoal and silver accessories.
- If you’re not a fan of diamond bling, go big with shiny metal jewelry.
- Add a pinkish hue with a little blush that defines the cheek bones and warms up the face.
- Metallic eye shadow is a wonderful way to catch someone’s eye in the evening.
- Add leather in jackets, skirts, tops, pants, boots, even in small amounts on the shoulders of sweaters and jackets, and elbows of shirts. The contrast in texture creates a focal point and also reflects the light. Place it strategically.
- Faux fur is fabulous! Especially when the colors repeat and emphasize the highlights of your hair, creating visual harmony between you and the art that you’re wearing.