This year gather local ingredients and cook for mom!
Steak Rub For Grapevine-Smoked Tri-Tip
3 parts brown sugar
3 parts smoked sea salt
1 part smoked paprika
1/2 part coriander
1/2 part chili powder
1/4 part cayenne
1/4 part dried thyme
1/2 part cracked pepper
Directions: Mix all spices and apply liberally to the tri-tip. Allow to rest in refrigerator for 24 hours before smoking over grapevines.
- 12-inch pie crusts
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 cups chopped peeled apples
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Heat oven to 400º F.
- Mix 1/2 cup sugar and the flour in large bowl. Stir in apples. The sugar-flour mixture will not all stick to the apples; that’s OK.
- Spread the apple mixture uniformly from the center of the dough circle to within 2 inches of edge. Fold edge of dough over apple mixture; crimp edge of dough slightly.
- Mix 2 tablespoons sugar, nutmeg and cinnamon; sprinkle over apples and dough.
- Cut 1 tablespoon butter into 5 or 6 small pieces; spread on top of the apples.
- Bake 27 to 32 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
- Cut into wedges. Serve warm drizzled with caramel topping.
Tank 7 Vinaigrette
12 ounce Tank 7 Beer
1/2 cup shallot, minced
1/2 cup local honey
2 tablespoons whole grain mustard
1/4 cup passion fruit puree
1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1 1/2 cup canola oil
Combine all ingredients except oil and blend for 10 seconds. Slowly drizzle oil into the running blender to emulsify. Season to taste with salt and pepper